Sunday, July 25, 2010

Ben's Busy Day

I got up at 7am to meet a pal for brunch and then we went for a hike. What the hell did you do? Probably not a damn thing.
We hiked along the railroad tracks in the New River Gorge then got to this place. Me and my pals in high school used to hang out here. It's not too far from uphill from the tracks, but this next one is. Same stream, just farther up.

Even farther up the side is a little are with a few pools and flat rocks, and this little fall in a shady grotto.

Here's a closer pic.

Saw some cool fungi.


And also this cool fun guy!

HA, stop groaning. That's one of the oldest puns around, you had to see it coming.

And the day isn't even over yet! I still have a D&D game in about an hour. That'll be a nice end to the day. Anywalky, I can already tell I'm gonna be sore tomorrow but it's totally worth it. Once I get my car fixed I'll be doing this a lot more.

*edit* Dammit, this layout crops out a good bit of the pics. I'll tinker with it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment