Sunday, April 17, 2011

more like record SCORE day

I got some awesome things, and yes I had an unfair advantage. I deserve it.

First up is Flogging Molly. I'm not a huge fan of Irish-ish drining music but I like it in small doses. These two songs will fit in nicely on some larger play lists. Limited pressing of 2000, but it's un-numbered. You can click these pics for a few more details.



Next we have an amazing Dio picture disc. Again, I'm not the hugest fan but I like him well enough. I really like the picture of the dragon, and I really like the expressions on the faces of my friends who really love Dio. I have number 1807 out of a pressing of 2500.


This is one I'm really glad I picked up. I haven't pick up and of the Foos since their 4th CD but I've alwas really liked them. I especially like how they cover songs, and this 12 inch is a collection of those. The RSD webpage says that it's a previously unreleased collection, and that may be technically true, but I have their version of Gary Numan's Down In The Park on an X Files soundtrack. I'm not sure how many of this one were made.


Again, I haven't picked up any Deftones since their 4th, and yet again this is a collection of covers. I've heard their version of The Cure's If Only Tonight We Could Sleep and it's really nice. This one is un-numbered from a limited pressing of 3000.

And here's my favorite one: a four song ten inch picture disc from Daft Punk's Tron Legacy soundtrack. The 4th track is previously unreleased. I have what I'm guessing is the red version but in real life it looks more orange. Double bonus!!! I'm not sure how many of this one were made, either.



I couldn't find an entry or a pic for my other purchase: a three track CD of Jimi Hendrix covers. Cee Lo Green does Foxy Lady, Santana does Spanish Castle Magic, and Robert Randolph & The Family Band do Purple Haze. It's a sampler for a full length CD, Power Of Soul - A Tribute to Jimi Hendrix. I also picked up samplers from Coachella, Sub Pop, Labrador Records, and Select-O-Hits, and a nice RSD vinyl tote bag.

The store had a big back log of CDs and LPs that have been piling up over the years, cluttering up the back room. We put those out for free just to get rid of them. I picked up a few nice CDs (Ting Tings, the Roots, Grant Lee Phillips doing 80s covers) and some interesting LPs (a Super Tramp radio special from December 1980, some other radio things that were supposed to be destroyed after they were played). Not a bad haul overall. There are a few more things I might pick up if we still have them next payday, but nothing I have to have. I'm just being greedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment