Sunday, October 24, 2010

Die young(ish) and leave a good looking corpse

So last night was the Zombie Prom at a local bar here in Oak Hell. Back in the summer the same place, Rafters, had the cool tiki party. The turn out for the Tiki party was decent so we all had high hopes for the Zombie Prom. Then again, the fact that most people showed up to the tiki party without so much as a lei on, just in regular clothes, should have served to keep said hopes from getting too high. Most people around here don't know what a tiki is but Halloween is always a big to-do.

Here's a pic of me getting ready. Brad and Jessica's mom, Diana, did an amazing job getting me made up. Click the pic to go see more pics.

Aside from myself and my buddies Brad, Joe, and Jessica the only other zombie in the place was the bartender. Lame. A few gals had on regular Halloween costumes but as with the tiki party the vast majority were in street clothes. Our friend Karen had on an especially cute candy corn witch ensemble. There was one guy dressed up as a zombie hunter so that was a nice touch. There was a costume judging contest but it was based on crowd approval so naturally the chick in the full-body cat suit and the guy in the white tee shirt that he wrote on himself with a Sharpie to say Zombie Prom 2010 were crowned prom king and queen. I was robbed! Where's Carrie when you need her?

Overall though, it was a fun evening. The best parts were when we stopped at various convenience stores on our way to and from the bar. Everybody who saw us got a big kick out it. What i really should have gotten pics of was the shower when I got through cleaning up. All the fake blood and bits or gore splattered all over made it look like somebody really had been brutally murdered in there. The bulk of it washed away but I need to go clean it again. I still need to find something to get this fingernail polish off, though. Mom says theres some remover here somewhere but I'll prolly just go down to the garage and use some of dad's acetone.

Oh, and the gal I asked to be my zombie date was a bust. After saying yes and acting really enthused she never returned any of my texts and didn't show up (she had to work so she said she was gonna come by after she got done). Her loss. I still count it as a win 'cause I actually got up the nerve to ask instead of doing my usual grumpy coward routine.

Now I have to get started on my super cool, super secret costume for Halloween night, or rather the 30th 'cause that's when Trick or Treat is happening locally. I'm gonna go hang with my zombie compatriots 'cause their family does a big thing every year. Then when that's over there are other parties to go to. And then on actual Halloween night is the premier of The Walking Dead. I'm stoked! Here's a fun clip to get you in the mood.

6 comments:

  1. I may have just been informed of a way to shorten that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you had fun.... of course you were robbed. bet the winners were friends of the 'tenders. rezan's has a costume contest next saturday night.... i will be a fireperson. my chocha will be hanging out because i SHOULD be called a fire-slut (as in most pre-made adult women's costumes are made to appeal to hormonally charged teenage boys)....

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know it's only fitting that the one waitress who happens to be smokin' hot has to dress up like a fire/man/eater ;)

    But nah, I don't recall ever seeing the contest winners there before. And Brad's cousin was the DJ and he's friends with the 'tender so if anything him or his sister and bro-in-law should have been picked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. orly... interesting. We're not going to be around on Halloween night. We'll be here..

    http://www.cc-events.org/gw/

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my pals sent me a link to a torrent site that has it but so far I'm having trouble getting signed up. They haven't sent me the confirmation email yet. I'll email you the link.

    ReplyDelete