Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I OW feel OW pretty OW

Goddam, I hate hate HATE trying to add pictures to a post on here. Anyways, guess what I did today.





The purple is just surgical ink she used to guide the needle. It should wash off in a few days. Oh sweet lordy it hurt a lot more than I recall. I got my earlobe pierced way back in 1987 but it finally grew over a year or so ago. I had my eyebrow done in 1999 but had to take it out for job search reasons when I moved back to WV from NC.

I never had the upper part of my ear done done, though. For some reason that piercing is called a helix. Hurt like hellix would be a better name but i knew that would be the case going in so I had it done first, then brow and lobe. The first time I got the eyebrow done it was over before I even knew what happened, only felt a little pressure. Not this time. They were actually kinda startling and took my breath away for a few seconds, but really they all only hurt badly for about a minute or so after the stabbings and insertions. Right now they're sore but not so much that it's a distraction. Unless I bump them with my glasses, then they get ouchy.

Going to bed should be interesting for a few weeks. I've gotten to where I can only fall asleep if I'm laying on one side or the other, not flat on my back. With new, tender piercings on both sides I might be in for some miserable dozing. Actually all of my dozings are kinda miserable but usually it's from some mental anguish or vague ennui. Alas...

No comments:

Post a Comment