Saturday, April 10, 2010

That's *DOCTOR* Mr. Moneybags to you!

So I just bought myself a desktop PC - an HP Pavilion p6130f; a monitor - a 23" Samsung 1080p LCD HDTV/Monitor model no. 2333HD; and new desk chair - a Vocazo chair item #646143. As if you couldn't guess from the links I just went over to Staples and got what seemed like the best deal. The PC comes with a keyboard and mouse so I didn't feel the need to get extra fancy ones just yet. In a month or so when I get my savings built back up I'll decide if I need to upgrade. Same with my old printer and scanner. Oh, and I also got a mouse pad with a pic of a tropical beach to match my room, and a pack of blank CD-ROMs.

I know I could have gotten a better deal if I had shopped online but I don't have a credit or debit card and the prospect of paying for all that with a handful of prepaid Visa cards was unappealing logistically. Plus, the tax on that many prepaid Visas would have added another hundred bucks to that total. Besides, I just thought it would be cool to fork over a wad of cash, ten Ben Franklins to be exact. I got back fifty-two cents.

I can't tell if I'm delirious from lack of sleep or dropping that much cash all at once. Either way I'm gonna try and put it all together now. Oh and could one of you tech savvy people tell me if there's an easy way to move all my bookmarks from the lappy to the PC, pretty please? I'm kinda thinking they're in a file somewhere and I can just copy it. I'm pretty sure I saw it once when I was looking for something else but who knows if I'll ever be able to find it again. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment