Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Aw, I made myself sad

A nerdy thing just occurred to me. At the end of the big duel in Revenge of the Sith Obi Wan tell Anakin not to make the jump because he (Obi) has the high ground. But way back in Phantom Menace it's Obi Wan attempting a jump from an even more precarious low ground than Anakin had.

This has prolly been discussed already on all the geek forums but I never bother to look at those. Somebody prolly came up with a convoluted explanation for why it worked once but not twice. I don't care, really. And I don't mean to sound like a nit-picky nerd. The faults of the prequels have been discussed ad nauseam by far more insightful people than me.

I had initially intended this post to be a silly jab at my laser-keen powers of observation. Like how, several years after it had been out, it finally dawned on me what L7's "Pretend We're Dead" was really about. I thought they meant chicks should put on pasty make up, dye their hair, and act all gothy and apathetic like a corpse as a means of social protest or achieving girl power by abandoning Barbie-esque standards of beauty. That was big at the time. Silly me.

I guess in retrospect I do care about how shitty the Prequels are, somewhat, from a "how could such a glaring inconsistency make it through to the finished product?" stand point. My initial emotional dismay over them was short lived so now it's all down to issues of shoddy craftsmanship. But really I'm more annoyed with my brain for waiting so long to have that thought. It makes me sad all over again each time I realize something like that. meh

No comments:

Post a Comment