Wednesday, March 30, 2011

awesome day of geekery!

Yesterday, Tuesday, was a day full of geekery and shopping. I went to Charleston for some retail therapy, and I had the good fortune to be accompanied by my pals Andy & Robin.

The first stop was Drug Emporium (the one on Kanawha Blvd, not in Kanawha City) for some vitamins and healthy things to help mom's leg heal batter and faster. The we went for lunch at the Jamaican restauant but it was closed and gone. I'm so totally jonsing for some jerk!!! We had some yummy as hell BBQ wings and fried mushrooms at Leonard's instead. We got coffee at a local corner shop and climbed on the Mound.

*EDIT* Shit, I totally forgot the fun snacks I got at the Asian super market there by the Mound. I picked up some Kasugai kiwi and mango gummies, and some Ramune "POP soda" in peach, kiwi, and orange flavors.



Then off to Target where I got awesome Batman and Joker... things. I also picked up a Lego AT-ST mini kit (pictured farther down) and a couple of Magic booster packs. Then we went in Pier 1, Home Goods, and Michael's so I could find some Easter knick-knacks.





At Books-A-Million I got a couple magazines, Toyfare and a new one called Comic Heroes. It came in a card board envelope and had some freebies included. I'm a sucker for cool packaging, and considering the mag cost $20 those freebies weren't exactly free so I guess I'm just a sucker in general. I also got the first Game of Thrones novel, a little set of Moai heads, some DC heroes fridge magnets and badges and a neat-o Futurama mystery box. I got Leela.





Next we went to Toys R Us. I was hoping they still had some Venture Bros. figures but no such luck. I did pick up a couple of Lego minifigures. I got the samurai and the tennis girl. I really want the Hula gal.



After Corridor G we headed down to whatever Lost Legion calls their store in Charleston. I picked up a handful of Magic cards and a cool TPB.



After that we had dinner at IHOP then headed home. It was a good day on every level, even if I had to fix whatever my sister did to the lappy when I got home.

No comments:

Post a Comment